Oklahoma’s CareerTech system increased profitability for more than 6,500 state companies in 2008.
CareerTech Business and Industry Services help companies increase sales, improve productivity, reduce costs and expand operations.
- Industry-Specific training keeps company on the leading edge by providing upgrade training for employees.
- Safety Training programs can dramatically reduce workplace injuries and save millions of dollars in worker’s compensation premiums for Oklahoma companies. In FY08 training was provided to 1,548 employers and over 159,000 employees enrolled.
- CareerTech’s Training For Industry Program delivers high-quality, customized training to qualifying new and expanding Oklahoma companies. TIP provided $5.4 million in start-up training and is an incentive for companies to locate in Oklahoma. TIP provided training for more than 9,600 new jobs in 2008.
- The Oklahoma Bid Assistance Network provides marketing and technical assistance to businesses interested in selling products and services to federal, state and local governments and other highly structured markets. In FY08 OBAN helped secure more than $886 million in contracts and served more than 1,339 clients.
- Vocationally-trained workers experience lower rates of unemployment than high school graduates.
- CareerTech graduates who continue their education create an economic ripple effect through investments and purchases.