CDC LEAD TEACHER
Tri County Technology Center
TITLE: CDC Lead Teacher
1. Previous experience working with young children in a group or educational setting.
2. Formal training in Child Development, Child Care, Early Childhood Education, or other related fields.
3. CDA or Associates Degree in Early Childhood, preferred. Must agree to obtain CDA
within first year of employment if needed.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Child Development Center Director
A. Provide Supervision and Instruction for CDC Children
1. Supervise the children in the classroom setting.
2. Assist with field trips and scheduled events.
3. Must meet the state’s requirement of tweny in-service training hours per year in Early Childhood.
4. Maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
5. Plan a developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities that meet NAEYC’s standards, DHS, Three Star standards and CDA standards.
6. Lesson plans are submitted two weeks in advance and monthly activitity records are submitted the last week of the prior month.
7. Delegate responsibilities to the Assistant Teacher.
8. Acquire CDA one year from hire date and renewal 6 months from CDA expiration.
B. Provide Services to Families
1. Attend all related family and school functions at the center.
2. Complete weekly communication forms each Friday.
3. Counsel with parents over concerns about their child.
4. Provide current information to families on child development and parenting issues.
5. Answer telephone inquires from parents concerning children.
6. Provides parents accurate documentation on medication, accidents and behavior.
7. Participate in a yearly Parent Conference.
8. Provide positive communication to the parents.
C. Participate in Public Relations Activities
1. Represent Tri County Technology Child Development center in Early Childhood meetings, if needed.
2. Participate in TCTC activities that will facilitate professional growth.
D. Assist with Child Care Program Lab Experiences
1. Work with the Child Care Instructor on providing feedback on the progress of child care students and in grading the lab sheets.
2. Give guidance to Child Care Students on proper procedures to follow as classroom situations occurs.
3. Display professional behavior at all times.
E. Other job related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: `
Twelve months; salary to be established by the Board of Education.
Performance evaluated by Child Development Center Director in accordance with Board policy.
NIMS Designation: General (NIMS 100 & 700 courses)