Networking Technology Instructor
Tri County Technology Center
TITLE: Networking Technology Instructor
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred or be willing to work toward.
2. Oklahoma Teaching Certificate/license; or be willing to obtain.
3. Minimum of three years experience in the field of Information Technology.
4. Cisco Certification preferred.
5. Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Director of Instruction
A. Develop and Deliver Instruction
1. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials that meet the district's curriculum goals as well as the individual needs of each pupil.
2. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences that effectively utilize the available time for instruction.
3. Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
4. Evaluate pupil's academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare reports relating to pupil's progress.
5. Communicate with parents, if applicable, through conferences and other means to discuss pupil progress and interpret the school program.
6. Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
7. Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
8. Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
9. Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
10. Develop and encourage a viable Career Tech Student Organization (Skills USA) for his/her area.
B. Participate in Professional Growth
1. Maintain professional competence through inservice education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
2. Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
3. Participate in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil activities.
4. Develop and enforce safety procedures for all equipment in his/her program that could pose a danger to students.
5. Establish and/or maintain an active advisory committee as per ODCTE requirements.
6. Work with industry to keep abreast of available jobs for current and former students.
7. Maintain ties with his/her trade area and engage in update training as per school policy so as to stay current with the technology in the field.
C. Other Job Related Duties As Assigned
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten Months; salary to be established by the Board of Education.
Performance evaluated by Director of Instruction in accordance with Board policy.
Applications will be accepted until April 11, 2014
Salary: $46,900 – $51,100
NIMS Desiganation: General (NIMS 100 & 700 courses)