Start here for information on training for CareerTech Central - Your Communication Hub
CT Central is a suite of applications such as email, calendar, tasks, and notes that allow you to keep connected and communicate better. You will be contacted to schedule a training session soon.
To be prepared for the migration to CT Central, please review and complete the following items.
- Review your Groupwise contacts and ensure that all contacts have a first and last name. Failure to do so will result in "Blank Name" contacts being migrated to CT Central. Also, please ensure that the address book(s) that you intend to migrate to CT Central do not include any ODCTE email addresses (those that end with @okcareertech.org).
- Clean your Inbox prior to your scheduled training session. Ensure that all old and unneeded messages have been deleted.
- Identify additional "current" folders that need migrated to CT Central. Again, ensure that all old and unneeded messages in these folders have been deleted.
- Ensure that Mozilla Firefox is up-to-date. To do this:
- a) open Firefox
- b) in the toolbar, click "Help," and then "Check for Updates..." (Please contact Computer Support if you have any questions.)
Upon completion of training, you will have a two week transition period. At the end of the two week period, your old Groupwise account will be disabled.
CT Central Version and Setup Information - Required computer setup and current version information.
Document Management and Storage - Proper procedures for ensuring your data is backed up safely.