Certified Nurse Aide (I, II, and III)
Certified Nurse Aide I, II, and III
CARING FOR OKLAHOMA
Oklahomans are well known for their hospitality, part of that trait is caring for fellow Oklahomans. There is a growing need in Oklahoma for direct care in long term care facilities. To meet this need, The Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education (CareerTech) has partnered with the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA), Oklahoma State Department of Health, and several long term care facilities to create the Certified Nurse Aide training program.
One of the goals for the CNA training program is to provide quality training at the local level using Oklahoma’s CareerTech system, which includes 29 tech centers on 57 campuses throughout the state. This training is specifically aimed at enhancing the skills and increasing the retention of certified nurse aides that work in nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities.
CNA Training offers unparalleled opportunities for those who are motivated and want to make a difference. This program is designed to meet a growing need for direct care workers in OHCA contracted long-term care facilities here in Oklahoma. Free, quality training is provided to prospective nurse aides. Some of the highlights include:
- Free to students who sign a contract with OHCA stating that they will work in a SoonerCare contracted facility for 12 of 24 months
- Interested parties must pass an OSBI background check and Tuberculosis test (student pays for this)
- Students will go through a 96 hour training program with 72 hours of classroom training and 24 hours of supervised clinical training
- After completion of the class and passing the written and skills test, students will become a CNA and be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry at the Oklahoma State Department of Health
CNA II and CNA III
Oklahoma’s CareerTech system and the Oklahoma State Department of Health have partnered together to provide training for certified nurse aides that will enable them to advance their knowledge and skills. We believe this training will result in improved quality of care to patients in many long term care facilities. Oklahoma CareerTech and OSDH, offer a special training curriculum that CNA’s can use to build their skill sets and fill gaps not offered in the basic CNA course curriculum. Some highlights include:
- Free to CNA’s who meet the qualifying criteria
- Customized 30 hour curriculum
- Must have at least six (6) months continuous satisfactory attendance at the same facility as either a CNA I or CNA II.
This training is specifically aimed at enhancing the skills and increasing the retention of certified nurse aides that work in nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities.
Partnering with your local technology can open up a world of possibilities that can help your company grow, expand and become more profitable. We can provide quality, customized training in many areas including Safety and Health, Existing Industry and Training for Industry. Check us out online and discover what the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology can do for you.