To administer assessment instruments such as interest inventories, aptitude tests, and achievement tests or to acquire the results of such assessments to provide guidance in program selection and placement, career counseling, and necessary academic assistance.
- The technology center administers or acquires appropriate interest, aptitude, and achievement assessment for purposes of program selection for all students. Results are provided to guidance and other appropriate staff and explained to the prospective student prior to or as a part of the enrollment process for accredited programs. Alternate assessments or necessary and appropriate accommodations are provided for special populations as needed. Reference: Standards for Accreditation of Oklahoma Schools (2002), Standard VI, 210:35-13-71 and TheCarl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act of 1998
- Existing assessment results are reviewed and considered prior to enrollment to eliminate unnecessary or duplicative testing.
- Assessment results are used for purposes of guidance and discussion and are not used arbitrarily to determine eligibility for program admission.
- The technology center establishes policies and procedures for assessing clients and sharing assessment results. The policies and procedures are based upon the Ethical Standards of the Association for Assessment in Counseling (AAC), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Ability-to-Benefit (Subpart J of the Higher Education Act as amended), and other applicable regulations.
- Results of assessment are considered during the career planning process for program placement and for identifications and provision of appropriate support services to allow students to progress in and benefit from their career and technology education program, for example, assistive aids and devices, transportation arrangements, appropriate modifications and accommodations. Reference : TheCarl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act of 1998
- Formative assessment of each student’s progress is conducted at least annually to determine the career guidance and supportive service needs of each student. Reference: Standards for Accreditation of Oklahoma Schools (2002), Standard VI, 210:35-13-73(c)
- The technology center shall work with the sending schools to assure that an annual assessment is conducted to determine occupational needs interests, and abilities of potential students. Citation: Standards for Accreditation of Oklahoma Schools (2002), Standard VI, 210:35-13-73(a)