Web Media Specialist
Develop the web presence for the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education. Be responsible for visualizing the overall look and function of the web pages including color, design, functionality, navigation, photography, and video. Ensure the ongoing development and maintenance of the website and web-related applications. Work on multiple assignments simultaneously with a minimum of supervision and be able to deliver finished assignments as is typical within a commercial deadline and budget-driven design environment. Exhibit strong communication skills to interface with project leaders, staff, and others working to implement the CareerTech web presence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate skills and abilities to offer creative solutions for both internet and intranet websites. Must understand emerging technology as it relates to web design (compression techniques, hardware, etc.)
- Determine and coordinate the information architecture for all agency websites. Frequently interacts with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- Customize web content and templates. Know web-specific advertising and marketing techniques.
- Establish design guidelines, including corporate identity and standard web accessibility, as well as offer interpretive design solutions that will help achieve agency business goals. Responsible for the analysis, design, and modification of various high quality multimedia products.
- Provide technical assistance for the WebTech team to maintain CareerTech websites. May determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and provide guidance to personnel.
- Ensure website accessibility for all customers including people with disabilities.
- Provide development and training for website and web-related applications, leadership for the agency division WebTechs, and focus for web accessibility standards and issues resulting from Section 508 and HB2197.
- Will also provide support for the customers hard/soft copy products/services, including Web site design, customer publications, brochures, cover designs, posters, briefings, illustrations, logos, and exhibits.
Oversight of the content and presentation of all information available through the agency’s web presence and agency staff during the function of placing information on an agency-owned website.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents as necessary. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate technical concepts and thoughts to management.
Requires ability to apply moderately complex mathematical equations as applicable. (For example: calculating discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume, and applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.)
Requires ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER JOB-RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Requires the ability to work with a wide range of computer software, to develop requirement documents and action plans, to identify appropriate resources, and to create web-training materials. Must meet with people and demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills.
Requires close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Occasional risk of electrical shock.