Career Expectations for Your Child
Encourage your children to follow their dreams, regardless of what society traditionally dictates.
- Your support is doubly important when your children choose non-traditional occupations. A person’s gender should not matter. It is the ability and interest that count.
- Studies show that today’s average worker will change occupations more than 14 times.
- Click here for report . . . How many jobs did [youngest baby boomer] people hold in a lifetime? http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/nlsoy.pdf
- Career development is a lifelong process that involves progressing through stages. The stages include Career Awareness, Career Exploration, and Career Planning and Preparation, which build upon one another.
- The level of skills needed for the “three Rs” is much higher in today’s workplace. The following skills are essential to success in the workplace.