Plan for the Future
Help your child plan for the future by helping them create an individual career plan. Instill in your children a love of learning.
- Research current trends in occupations through your children’s school career resource center or library, public library, newspapers, and magazines. Occupational Outlook Handbook http://www.bls.gov/oco/
- Help your children develop an individual career plan (ICP). An ICP is a planned, coherent sequence of courses, 4-6 years in duration that leads to or supports a career pathway. A pathway can lead to a skill certificate, two-year associate degree, four-year degree, the military, and apprenticeship, etc.
Individual Career Plan
Select a career cluster. Career Cluster Assessment
- Encourage your children to consider a variety of schooling options.
- Can Students Get a Technology Center Education and Still Go to College?
- Post-Secondary Education Options
Oklahoma Higher Education http://okhighered.org
Military Career Guide http://www.todaysmilitary.com/
- Instill in your children a love of learning. In the workplace, workers need the ability to acquire new information and skills and apply them to their jobs.
- Encourage your child to keep certificates and reports in a portfolio to show what skills have been mastered. Information can be entered and electronic copies can be uploaded into your students OKCareerGuide online Portfolio.