Kelly's September 2016 Monthly Email Archive
OKCRC Annual State Conference
Tuesday, October 25, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Francis Tuttle Reno Campus, 7301 W. Reno Avenue, Oklahoma City
There is no cost to attend. New this year—closing session with conference prizes!
The strands will include:
-Basics -Best Practices -Business -Economic and Community Development -OK Career Guide
Breakfast is available for purchase at the Reno Café. Continental items from 7:45 – 8:15 a.m. Hot breakfast from 9:30-9:45 a.m.
Lunch is on your own.
The conference brochure is online at https://www.okcareertech.org/business-and-industry/workkeys/okcrc-annual-conference
The online conference registration link is http://crcconference2016.eventbrite.com
Also, all conference information is posted on the blog at https://okcrc.blogspot.com.
Disability Scoop Newsletter
Sharon Baker, Disabilities Services Specialist at ODCTE has started a newsletter targeted for staff who work with students with disabilities. Download here so you can review the wealth of information it contains. Let Sharon know if you would like to be included in her mailing list to receive the newsletter. Her email is Sharon.email@example.com
The Fall Lottery Scholarship is now open until September 20. These scholarship dollars are provided by the Oklahoma Education Lottery Trust Fund. The purpose of the funds is to help awardees obtain their teaching credentials. For more information and to apply, click on the link below.https://www.okcareertech.org/students/scholarships/lottery-funds-scholarships
Good bye to Roberta Douglas
We wished Roberta good bye and good luck this month! Roberta, our OK Career Guide Coordinator/Career Development Specialist, accepted an offer from OSU. Fortunately, we will be able to replace this position. If you are interested or know of someone who may be interested -the job description can be downloaded here.
Mindset List for the Class of 2020
Each August since 1998, Beloit College has released the Beloit College Mindset List, providing a look at the cultural touchstones that shape the lives of students entering college this fall. Here is a sample of this year’s list:
Since they arrived on this planet….
- There has always been a digital swap meet called eBay.
- They never heard Harry Caray try to sing during the seventh inning at Wrigley Field.
- They have never seen billboard ads for cigarettes.
- West Nile has always been a virus found in the U.S.
- Vladimir Putin has always been calling the shots at the Kremlin.
- Cloning has always been a mundane laboratory procedure.
- The United States has always been at war.
- Serena Williams has always been winning Grand Slam singles titles.
- They have never had to watch or listen to programs at a scheduled time.
- The Ali/Frazier boxing match for their generation was between the daughters of Muhammad and Joe.
To see the full list, go to: https://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2020/
Career and Academic Connections Manager
careertech | Career and Academic Connections
1500 West Seventh Avenue
Stillwater, OK 74074-4398