Path Home Educators Teacher Certification and Preparation Apply for Your Initial Standard Certificate
Jump to navigation

Apply for Your Initial Standard Certificate

Instructions to apply for initial standard teaching certificate

Application Process for Initial Standard Teaching Certificate

For an initial Standard Teacher Certification, each of the following is required:

  • For Teachers who have completed a "CareerTech Professional Education Degree":

    1. Complete and email the Request for Recommendation for Standard certificate to ODCTE at with the Division name in the Subject line (i.e., Ag, BMITE, FACS, Health, STEM, T&I).

    2. Mail Official Transcripts documenting successful completion of degree to your Division (i.e., Ag, BMITE, FACS, Health, STEM, T&I) at the ODCTE: 1500 W. Seventh Ave., Stillwater, OK 74074.

    3. When all information has been received and processed, you will be instructed via email to log on to the SDE website to arrange payment and confirm your application for Standard certificate.


    Successful Completion is defined to be a grade of "C" or better. Overall GPA must be 2.50 or better on a 4.0 scale.

    Questions or Comments

    Send questions or comments to your Divisional Certification Specialist

Jump to content