Prospective Teacher Resources
This website is intended to be a resource for:
- Individuals wishing to know more about teaching in the CareerTech system.
- Subject matter experts interested in teaching short-term or customizable programs.
- Beginning CTE teachers wishing to complete the .
- Beginning and experienced teachers wishing to know about for teachers.
- CTE teachers wishing to complete the Oklahoma teacher certification renewal requirements.
- CTE teachers and administrators wishing to.
Who can become a CareerTech teacher?
- An individual with a degree may become a CareerTech teacher through , required and additional educational requirements.
- A non-bachelor degreed individual with professional experience or credentials may become a CareerTech teacher through provisional certification, required or competency exams and pursuit of a bachelor
When are new teachers hired in the CareerTech system?
New teachers are hired as needed.
Where might teaching positions be open in the CareerTech system?
There are a variety of educational sites in which a CareerTech teacher might teach:
- Business and Industry Services
- 398 comprehensive school districts
- 14 Skills Centers
- 29 technology center districts operating on 59 campuses
Why should I consider becoming a CareerTech teacher?
CareerTech instructors work with students to apply academics to real world situations through guided practice and hands-on learning.
CareerTech instructors have the opportunity to develop students':
How do I become a CareerTech teacher?