ctYOUniverse is coming in 2015!
ctYOUniverse will host online student-ready courses for CareerTech-related subjects. Each course site will come pre-populated with curriculum materials developed by CIMC. This one-stop shop for learning materials will provide instructors with everything they need to teach in a blended, flipped, or traditional setting. In addition, teachers will be able to easily customize their courses.
Course sites will include:
- Text information formatted in a smart phone and tablet format that provides the feel of a Kindle-type ebook
- A clickable table of contents that allows students to easily find specific topics
- Practice quizzes and end-of-module tests, which are automatically graded
- An online grade book
- Activity sheets available as form-fillable PDFs
- Assignments students can complete online and submit through a drop-box feature
- Instructor PowerPoint presentations and PowerPoint note handouts for students
- An online glossary that links to key words
- Discussion forums, wikis, and workshop features that allow for collaborative student assignments
In addition, instructors will be able to:
- Include an RSS feed to show related news
- Set up a class calendar with important dates
- Provide links to web resources
- Receive feedback from an end-of-course evaluation
- Communicate with students through built-in chat and built-in email
- Choose to reveal materials for a week or two at a time, to keep students from working too far ahead
We're looking for pilot classrooms! If you'd like to sign up as a pilot, especially if you teach family and consumer sciences, agricultural education, or health education, please contact Margi Stone Cooper.
For more information: