T&I Provisional I Teacher Certification Application
For initial T&I Provisional I Teacher Certification, each of the following steps is required:
- Complete qualifications form: Download, complete, and file Statement of Qualifications with the T&I Office
- Submit Plan of Study: To obtain an electronic copy of your Plan of Study you will need to contact a T&I Adviser at a Technology Center or Higher Education Institution approved to offer a T&I Education Degree Program. Submit by emailing your Plan of Study to the T&I Office. Please check with the institution to ensure that the course you are wishing to take is transferable to complete your degree requirements.
- Institutions approved to offer a Degree in Trade and Industrial Education in Oklahoma include:
- Oklahoma State University Education
OSU Contact Information: Dr. Mary Jo Self, 405-744-9191,firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Central Oklahoma
UCO Contact Information: Dr. Len Bogner, 405.974.5801, email@example.com, http://www.careertecheducation.com/
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University
SWOSU Contact Information: Mr. Brad Bryant, 580.774.3162, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.swosu.edu
Note: At the present time, SWOSU does not offer all of the courses required to complete the State Department of Education's requirements for a Standard T&I Teaching Certificate.
Note: If you have not attended any college, send verification of High School Diploma or verification of passed GED to the T&I Office.
Two options are available for fingerprinting: you may have prints taken at the State Department of Education or (NEW) at one of the SDE satellite sites around the state. See the link above for more information, or the link at http://www.l1enrollment.com/state/?st=ok for locations and scheduling information.
NOTE: After you submit your prints at a satellite site, please email the State Department of Education at one of these addresses. Please include your full name, SSN, the date you printed and specific site location. Heather.Hays@sde.ok.gov or Scott.Chisholm@sde.ok.gov
Note: If requested, the Fingerprinting and National Background check may count for employment verification as well.