District Statesman Award Information
- The shield represents patriotism
The shield denotes our belief in democracy, liberty and the American way of life.
- The gear represents the industrial society
The gear, symbolic of the industrial society, denotes the interdependence and cooperation of the individual working with labor and management for the betterment of mankind.
- The torch represents knowledge
The flaming torch reflects the light of knowledge, which dispels the darkness of ignorance. In the light of the torch, progress will be made toward the vocational goals of the individual.
- The orbital circles represent technology
The circles present the challenge of modern technology and the training needed to accept and master the challenge of new technical frontiers and the need for continuous education.
- The hands represent the individual
The hands portray a search for knowledge and our desire to acquire a skill. In the process of attaining knowledge and skill, we will develop a respect for the dignity of work and become productive and responsible citizens.
Preparing for Leadership in the World of Work
- Red and White represent the individual States and Chapters
- Blue represents the common union of the States and Chapters.
- Gold represents the individual, the most important element of the organization.
UPON MY HONOR, I pledge:
To prepare myself by diligent study and ardent practice to become a worker whose services will be recognized as honorable by my employer and fellow workers.
To base my expectations of reward upon the solid foundation of service.
To honor and respect my vocation in such a way as to bring repute to myself.
And further, to spare no effort in upholding the ideals of SkillsUSA.