Tuesday, Aug. 1, 1:15-3:00 p.m.
(Two 45-minute Sessions)
Oklahoma City Cox Convention Center
Attendees will have the opportunity to choose two of six dynamic featured sessions that are sure to motivate, educate and inspire! Each “Spotlight Session” is scheduled to last 45 minutes and will be repeated.
Spotlight Session #1
Understanding and Embracing Diversity & Inclusion
Dr. Sanders will discuss the importance of diversity and inclusion and provide suggestions on how individuals can increase their diversity & inclusion awareness.
Spotlight Session #2
From 8 Track to Emoji
Millennials are now the largest population in the workforce. The generational markers are more unique than any other generation. How we work with Millennials is not only the question, but rather how do integrate their ideas and values into our company culture. In this session, we will discuss the 3 major trends we see with Millennials, and the questions associated with those. We will also discuss practical strategies on creating better work environments in which Millennials thrive.
On a personal note, Jerrod was born in 1981. This puts him technically in the Millennial Generation. However, he squarely straddles the fence of generational values. He understand and use social media, but he still loves paper. As a business owner, our employees average age is 26 years. This gives him a balanced viewpoint that he uses to bridge gaps during his presentations.
- Identify 3 National Trends with Millennials
- Understand 5 Best practices in bridging generational gaps
- Name 3 questions every organization should be asking
- Identify Key Cultural Competencies integral for success with the millennial generation
Spotlight Session #3
Dare to Be Different! A New Perspective on Goal-setting
Many times throughout the year, we create a to-do list of goals and objectives we would like to achieve, both personally and professionally. However, the traditional approach to goal-setting can often lead to mounting frustration, missed deadlines, and undue stress. In this interactive, high-energy session, Jan Spence will provide participants with a new perspective on how to not only develop their game plan for the upcoming school year, but also how to maintain this momentum throughout the year. Attendees will be able to implement her easy step-by-step process right away and also share these techniques with others to promote further success. Participants will learn new ways to empower themselves and others to get rid of unnecessary roadblocks, focus on what makes them successful and then capitalize on these new methods. Based on Jan’s extensive experience helping organizations and individuals explore their full potential, she will expose attendees to a different approach to goal-planning.
Attendees can expect to apply what they’ve learned in order to:
- Establish core values to set new benchmarks for their own personal and professional growth and development
- Apply the “Target ABC” method of goal-setting
- Set at least one goal using new methods by the end of the session
Spotlight Session #4
Why Should We Hire YOUR Students?
Brooks inspires educators to prepare students to be globally competitive in the 21st century workforce! This keynote informs educators how to encourage students to discover, develop and market their knowledge, skills and abilities that bring tangible value to the market place. Brooks uses heart-felt, hilarious stories to provide relevant content that can be used in the classroom immediately. There is an emphasis on soft skills development, personal branding, networking and self-marketing. We TURN LEARNING INTO EARNING!
Spotlight Session #5
Winners and Champions...They are not the same thingEnjoy learning successful and easy to use teaching and motivational techniques that can take a winning classroom/program to the next level.
Spotlight Session #6
First Round: Job Genius - Insights on Entering the Workforce
Attend this session to learn how your students can benefit from Job Genius, a free video educational series offering insights on how to look for a job, evaluate education costs, hiring trends, and how to write résumés and interview well. The series also discusses the importance of soft skills in the workplace and offers a better understanding of career options. The Job Genius program includes free worksheets, videos, and social media support tools. More than 300 schools and organizations have implemented this program since its release last year. Job Genius was created by Express Employment Professionals. Express has a long-term goal to put a million people to work annually. Founded in 1983, Express Employment Professionals has more than 770 franchise locations worldwide and is headquartered in Oklahoma City.
Second Round: Faces of Change: Understanding and Managing Generations in the Workplace
Faces of Change identifies the generations of workers who are side-by-side in the workplace for the first time in history. This program will help you manage and work with Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation Xers, Millennials, and Generation Z.
- During this presentation you’ll learn how to:
- Identify characteristics of the four generations in the workforce
- Discuss each generation’s unique contributions and areas for growth
- Diagnose workplace issues from a generational perspective
- Identify potential generational conflicts and help prevent them
- Use motivation and retention tips specific to the different generations
- Introduces the different generations in today's workplace, their unique contributions, and potential areas of growth.
- Provides specific focus on managing the Millennials - the biggest generation since the Baby Boomers.
- Provides a strategic tool to help companies maximize one of their greatest assets -their employees.
- Teaches employers how to avoid potential workplace conflict between the generations and management.