Path Home About State Agency Divisions Federal Legislation Assistance Carl Perkins Expenditure Guide for projects 421, 423
Jump to navigation

Expenditure Guide - Carl Perkins 421, 423

Expenditure Guide for Carl Perkins projects 421, 422 and 423 .

Approvable Items

The following items may be approvable purchases. The following items are a guide and are not to be considered exhaustive. We may consult with program managers on specific items that are unique requests. Please consult with the FLA office if you have any questions.

Auto Darkening Welding Helmet Standard Welding Helmet
Common Hand Tools (hammer, screwdriver)

Consumable Items - What items should be listed as a consumable?

ODCTE does not maintain an all-inclusive list but "consumables" are defined as anything you would continuously use up and replace after the initial purchase.

As an example, ink and paper are fine on the initial purchase of a new printer, but after that they are considered consumables. Colored pencils, ink pens and glue sticks are considered consumables.


  • Final budget revisions for equipment purchases should be submitted by March 15 of each year.
  • Recipients are expected to expend all non-salary funds by April 1 of each year.
  • ALL local approvals for final claims for reimbursement should be finalized in the CTIMS system no later than Aug. 1 of each year.

Dispensation Policy- How long do you have to keep equipment (computers, printers, etc.) on the inventory lists?

If the program stays open, the equipment purchases need to stay there for three to five years. After that, the district can use its normal dispensation policies.

If the program closes within that window of time, the equipment should be transferred into another CareerTech program in the district or to another district under the direction of the state CareerTech program supervisor.

Unapproved Items - Items that are not approved for purchase with Carl Perkins money

Capital Expenditures - Capital expenditures are not allowed per Section 21. General Fund - Definition. (70 O.S. ยง 1-117) of the Oklahoma School Code. These include purchases like electrical work and concrete slabs.

CTSOs - Perkins funding is not to be used for CTSO activities

Housing - Housing and hotels whether they are in-state or out-of-state.

Matching Funds - Perkins funds can not be used as cost sharing or matching funds for other local, state or federal grants.

Required Items - Safety glasses.

School Farms - Perkins funding cannot be used to purchase equipment to start or maintain school farms.

Security Systems - Security systems or surveillance equipment.

Standard Classroom Equipment- Extension cords, water hoses, coolers/air conditioners, fans, any purchases with Perkins funding must meet the above and beyond what we would reasonably expect to find in a CTE classroom/lab standard.

Trailers - Trailers used to haul livestock or equipment.

Travel - Registration fees for conferences and travel costs to the conference is allowed. Room or per diem is not allowed.

Weapons - Archery equipment (compound bows, recurve bows, longbows, arrow, targets, etc.), shotgun equipment (shotguns, shells, clay pigeons, etc.) rifle equipment (rifles, ammunition, etc.) or any other weapon.

Jump to content