Tri County Technology Center
TITLE: Pre-Engineering Instructor
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Education or Engineering, preferred. Advanced Placement level science skills required.
2. Hold Oklahoma Teaching Certificate in Physics or Chemistry and Advanced Math preferred. The ability to receive secondary teaching certification within one-year may be considered.
3. Certification in Project Lead the Way, or willingness to obtain.
4. Minimum of three (3) years experience in related field required. Experience in Teaching Physics, or work experience in Civil, Aerospace, Computer, Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director of Instruction
A. Develop and Deliver Instruction
1. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials that meet the district's curriculum goals as well as the individual needs of each pupil.
2. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences that effectively utilize the available time for instruction.
3. Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
4. Evaluate pupil's academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare reports relating to pupil's progress
5. Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
6. Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
7. Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
8. Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
9. Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
10. Develop and encourage a viable Career and Technical Student Organization (F.I.R.S.T. Robotics) for area.
11. Develop and enforce safety procedures for all equipment in program.
B. Participate in Professional Growth
1. Establish and/or maintain an active advisory committee as per ODCTE requirements.
2. Maintain ties with trade area and engage in update training as per school policy so as to stay current with the technology in the field.
3. Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
4. Participate in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil activities.
C. Other Job Related Duties As Assigned
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten month contract; salary to be determined by the Board of Education
Performance evaluated by staff as directed by the Assistant Superintendent of Instruction in accordance with Board policy.
NIMS Designation: General (NIMS 100 & 700 courses)