Path Home Educators Teacher Certification
Jump to navigation

Teacher Certification

Paths to a standard teaching certificate:

A standard certificate may be obtained by successful completion of a university education program.                            See OEQA for approved university programs.

An alternative standard certificate may be obtained by completing the Alternative Placement Program.                      See Alternative Placement Program for requirements and available area certifications.

A teacher that already holds a standard certificate may take tests to add additional certification areas.                       Add an area to an existing standard certificate

Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education may issue a provisional certificate to new teachers that have two years of full time experience in a subject area in which they have been employed to teach.  The teacher may or may not hold a college degree or standard teaching certificate.  While teaching on a provisional certificate, the teacher is required to complete credit hours toward a degree or university career technical education program.  A teacher may also need a provisional certificate while applying to the Alternative Placement Program. 

CareerTech provisional teaching certificate application / Renew provisional certificate

Oklahoma State Department of Education Links

For more information contact:

or Niki Burch, CareerTech Certification Specialist


Jump to content