Goal: to give participants a solid knowledge base of the multiple delivery arms of ODCTE and the vast array of services provided. As the Oklahoma CareerTech System continues to experience changes in key positions, the need arises to intentionally provide a solid understanding of the system to staff members who are prepared to step into future jobs. The CareerTech System delivers education and services through comprehensive schools, technology centers, skills centers and business and industry services.
The purpose of Perspectives is to equip participants with a solid knowledge base of the multiple delivery methods for delivering education to the residents of Oklahoma as well as the vast array of services provided.
Elements covered in this program lay the groundwork for other professional development programs offered through the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech Education.
Perspectives has three objectives:
- Objective: create a culture of inquiry about the CareerTech initiatives
- Objective: expand the participants network and resource base
- Objective: establish a foundation that will allow participants to see how they help to accomplish the CareerTech mission on a state wide scale.
By participating in the program, participants will
- Understand the scope and purpose of CareerTech programs in comprehensive schools, technology centers, skills centers and business and industry training.
- Recognize the various customers served by the system and the impact CareerTech has on the economic development of Oklahoma residents.
Dates and Locations
Look for new dates and locations in the 15 / 16 school year
$200 per participant
Participants will be expected to attend all sessions and must secure the support of their supervisor.
Applications will open again in the fall of 2014
Alice Rushmore, Leadership & Professional Development Specialist
Nathan Brubaker, Leadership & Professional Development Specialist