CTE New Teacher Academy
The follow-up CTE Teacher Academy sessions are not required but are for new teachers. You will need to speak with your division specialist to find out what topics will be covered at each session or you can log on to the Moodle and get other details. http://moodle.okcareertech.org/course/view.php?id=49
CTE Teacher Academy
Goal: New Teachers with pedagogy and support that enables them to deliver effective New Teacher experiences to students.
- Objective: infuse basic pedagogy, classroom management, instructional planning, instructional strategies and classroom assessment to teachers teaching throughout the year.
- Objective: Allow new to work together to solve common problems they all face.
All new teachers will have the opportunity to register for three more events:
- September 23, 2015
- November 4, 2015
- January 28, 2016
Three additional meetings will deliver pedagogy (from the 10 Key standards for training teacher) by instructional specialists with follow-up and practical application.
Division Contacts for Enrollment
New Agricultural Education Teachers
New Business, Marketing and Information Technology Education Teachers
Tonja Bell, Phone: 405.743.5426, Email: email@example.com
New Family and Consumer Sciences Education Teachers
MaryJane Grayson, Phone: 405.743.5469, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lara Skaggs, Phone: 405.743.5106, Email: email@example.com
Cindy Schneider, Phone: 405.743.5105, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Teachers
Dawn Frank, Phone: 405.743.5438, Email:
Jim Bullington, Phone: 405.743.5424, Email:
Cost will vary depending on your educational division. Registration information will be coming soon.
Follow Up Meetings (September, November, January)
Calendar of events
- The summer module will be infused during the summer academy within each division (location determined by division).
- Delivery will be by an onsite specialist with follow-up and practical application.
- New teachers will get an overview of the CTE system.