Technology Center Administrator Program (TechCAP)
The Technology Center Administrator Program provides opportunities to individuals in the CareerTech System to establish, continue or advance their technology center administrative careers and increase their knowledge of the CareerTech System.
Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of Oklahoma’s CareerTech System, including how technology centers help prepare Oklahomans to succeed in the workplace, in education and in life. Participants also network with administrators and other content experts from across the state, gain hands-on experiences in the different functions of the technology centers and visit technology centers around the state. All projects and agenda items incorporate a superintendent’s or a campus director’s point of view.
Participants selected must:
1. be employed by a technology center or the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech.
2. be a current or potential technology center or skills center administrator.
3. be able to attend all sessions.
Sponsoring school/agency will be responsible for:
- reimbursement to the participant for travel/per diem/lodging expenses; and
- $900 registration fee for each participant (instructions on how to submit payment will be sent to selected participants)
The next Technology Center Administrator Program will run during the 2016-2017 school year. Check back for application opening announcement in the summer of 2016.
LaMecia Stidham, Leadership & Professional Development Coordinator