T&I Provisional I Teacher Certification Application
Steps for new applicants to complete a T&I Provisional I Teacher Certification
For initial T&I Provisional I Teacher Certification, each of the following steps is required:
- Complete qualifications form: Download, complete, and email the Statement of Qualifications Word document to the T&I office at firstname.lastname@example.org with "T&I" in the Subject line.
- Submit Plan of Study: To obtain an electronic Plan of Study, contact a higher education institution approved to offer a T&I education degree program. Submit by emailing your Plan of Study to the email@example.com with "T&I" in the Subject line. Please check with the institution to ensure that the course you are wishing to take is transferable to complete your degree requirements.
- Institutions approved to offer a degree in trade and industrial education in Oklahoma include:
- Oklahoma State University Education
OSU contact information: Dr. Mary Jo Self, 405-744-9191, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following institutions may be able to offer some of the basic courses required to complete the State Department of Education's requirements for a standard T&I teaching certificate. Please check with the institution to ensure that the course you are wishing to take is transferable to complete your degree requirements.
- The University of Central Oklahoma
UCO contact information: Dr. Len Bogner, 405.974.5801, email@example.com
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- SWOSU contact information: Brad Bryant, 580.774.3162, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.swosu.edu
Note: If you have not attended any college, send verification of high school diploma or verification of passed GED to the T&I office.
CRITICAL: Please select the Option for "Teacher Certification" NOT "School Employment." Only the Teacher Certification background check will be accepted by the SDE for issuing a certificate.
Two options are available for fingerprinting: you may have prints taken at the State Department of Education or at one of the SDE satellite sites around the state. See the link above for more information, or the link at http://www.l1enrollment.com/state/?st=ok for locations and scheduling information.
NOTE: After you submit your prints at a satellite site, please email the State Department of Education at one of these addresses. Please include your full name, SSN, the date you printed and specific site location. Heather.Hays@sde.ok.gov or Scott.Chisholm@sde.ok.gov