Welcome to Plone
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Plone.
If you're seeing this instead of the web site you were expecting, the owner of this web site has just installed Plone. Do not contact the Plone Team or the Plone mailing lists about this.
Before you start exploring your newly created Plone site, please do the following:
- Make sure you are logged in as an admin/manager user (you should see a Site Setup link in the top right corner)
- Set up your mail server (Plone needs a valid SMTP server to verify users and send out password reminders)
- Specify an owner for the site (From address on mail, contact address)
After that, we suggest you do one or more of the following:
- Find out What's new in Plone 2.5
- Read the documentation, especially the What documentation should I read and Server setup recommendations
- Explore the available add-on products for Plone
- Read and/or subscribe to the support forums
Tell us how you use Plone
Are you doing something interesting with Plone? Big site deployments, interesting use cases? Do you have a company that delivers Plone-based solutions?
- Add your sites to the Plone site listing
- Add your company as a Plone provider
- Add a case study describing your deployed project and customer
Find out more about the underlying architecture
Plone is based on the Zope application server, and uses the Python programming language. More about these technologies:
Thanks for using our product!