Lottery Funds Scholarships
These scholarship dollars are provided by the Oklahoma Education Lottery Trust Fund. The purpose of the funds is to help students obtain their teaching credentials.
The spring application is currently closed. The summer application will be the first week of June.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Oklahoma resident.
- Minimum current GPA 2.5.
- Attending university or college accredited by Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
In addition, applications must fit into the following categories:
Category: Teaching Certification/Credential
1. Full-time CareerTech teacher who meets one of the three below criteria:
a. Working toward earning a teacher certification or degree.
- alternatively certified teacher taking required hours.
- provisionally certified teacher working toward bachelor’s degree.
b. Working toward completing an industry certification required or preferred by the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech Education.
c. Working toward completing hours required for ODCTE certification.
2. Full-time Practical Nursing Instructor working on a master’s degree in nursing as an accreditation requirement.
3. Skills Center teacher working toward a teaching credential.
4. College student seeking bachelor's degree in CareerTech education taking 3000-4000 level courses related to major.
- Undergraduate: $150 per credit hour.
- Graduate: $200 per credit hour.
- Nine-hour cap per semester for both undergraduate and graduate hours.
Spring Scholarship Timeline
Application Open: Jan. 9-27, 2017
Notice of Award: Applicants will receive notice of conditional award in mid-March. Final awards are dependent upon university verification of enrollment and plan of study.
Award Payments: Payments will be made to the student's university bursar's account about the third week of April - May 1.
Common Application Errors
The large number of applications prohibit us from changing or verifying information with you after the application deadline. Therefore, please enter all information carefully. Incorrect or incomplete applications will not be considered. Common application errors include:
- Submitting classes for the wrong semester.
- Selecting the wrong college or university. Oklahoma State University has many sites; make sure you choose the location you are attending. OSU-Tulsa applicants should select Oklahoma State University as their site. If you are taking classes at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, select that name as your site rather than University of Oklahoma.
- Submitting incorrect student identification number.
- Submitting incorrect and/or incomplete class information.
Note: You will be able to review and change your answers while completing the application. After you hit the submit button, however, you will not be able to change or edit your application.
You will need the following information to complete your application:
- Student identification number.
- Class number(s) as listed in catalog.
- Class title(s) as listed in catalog.
Is a separate application required for each semester?
Can a scholarship be used to pay for classes taken in previous or future semesters?
No. The scholarship applies to the current semester only.
Do I have to be enrolled in college courses before I am considered for this scholarship?
Yes. All application information is verified with the university before payment is made.
What if I am enrolled in more than one school?
You will complete all information for the first school; then you will be asked for information related to the second school.
How often can I apply for the scholarship?
Each semester as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
How much will I receive for my scholarship?
$150 per hour for undergraduate classes.
$200 per hour for graduate classes.
There is a nine-hour cap per person each semester.
Since the payments for scholarships arrive so late in the semester, I am not able to enroll for the following semester because I have a balance in my bursar account. What can I do about this?
When making a decision to enroll in classes, do not make it based upon receiving this scholarship to pay your bills. Because of our responsibility to be accountable for each dollar spent, we are unable to make payments prior to university verification of the information you provided and the last date for dropping classes. You have the option of paying your account and receiving a reimbursement from the university when the scholarship payment is made. Or you can print the email notifying you of the tentative scholarship approval; some universities will accept this and allow you to enroll in classes for the next semester.