DECA International Career Development Conference
The DECA International Career Development Conference (ICDC) is the highlight of the DECA year. Sixteen thousand high school students, advisors, businesspersons and alumni gather for several days of DECA excitement. Most participants at ICDC compete in one of DECA's competitive events. The top competitors in each event are recognized for their outstanding achievements. In addition to the competitive events, many students and advisors participate in a variety of leadership and career advancing academies.
The International Career Development Conference will be in Anaheim, CA on April 26 - April 29, 2017. For more specific information, visit http://www.deca.org/events/icdc/.
There will be a meeting immediately after the Awards Ceremony on February 8. Advisors and students planning to attend ICDC should attend this meeting as the arrangements for registration and other items will be discussed at this meeting. There is an ICDC Prep Workshop planned to assist students who will be representing Oklahoma at ICDC. The Workshop will be held at the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech in Stillwater, on Thursday, April 5, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation is providing 20 need-based scholarships in the amount of $750 each for qualified competitors attending DECA’s 2017 International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Anaheim, Calif.
ICDC qualifying participants, who demonstrate the need for financial assistance and are competing in one of the following hospitality competitive events at #DECAICDC may apply:
- Hotel and Lodging Management Series Event (HLM)
- Hospitality Services Team Decision Making Event (HTDM)
- Hospitality and Tourism Operations Research Event (HTOR)
- Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling Event (HTPS)
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Event (PHT)
- Quick Serve Restaurant Management Series Event (QSRM)
- Restaurant and Food Service Management Series Event (RFSM)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making Event (STDM)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Series Event (SEM)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Operations Research Event (SEOR)
- Sports and Entertainment Promotion Plan (SEPP)
- Travel and Tourism Team Decision Making Event (TTDM)
- Virtual Business Challenge Hotel Management (VBCHM)
- Virtual Business Challenge Restaurant (VBCRS)
- Virtual Business Challenge Sports (VBCSP
Applications must be submitted online by Saturday, March 25, 2017. Please make sure the students share their login information with you so that you can complete the advisor portion on the application as well.Questions: contact Arlisa Britt or Cindy Allen)