HOSA - Future Health Professionals
2014-2015 National HOSA Theme:
2014-2015 Oklahoma HOSA Theme:
"Catch Your Dreams"
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education Instructional program.
The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill, and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping helping the student meet the needs of the health care community.
HOSA has more than 150,000 members in approximately 3,500 chartered chapters in 47 state associations, including the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
Oklahoma has a membership of over 5,000, including secondary, postsecondary, collegiate students; professional members; and alumni members.
Membership Benefits and Opportunities
HOSA Assists members to:
- Develop effective leadership qualities and skills
- Build self-confidence, motivation and enthusiasm
- Strengthen their academic and technical skills
- Create friendships and social networks
- Participate in community service activities
- Set realistic career and educational goals
- Expand communication and teamwork skills
- Develop workplace readiness skills
- Understand current healthcare issues
HOSA members have opportunities to:
- Celebrate competitive events program accomplishments
- Apply for HOSA scholarships and recognitions
- Travel to regional, state, and national conferences
- Serve as local, regional, state, and national officers
- Build their resume
- Collaborate with health professionals and future employers
State HOSA Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org 405/743-6843)
Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
1500 W. Seventh Ave.
Stillwater, OK 74074-4364