Achieve goals through one-of-seven co-curricular CareerTech Student Organizations and the National Technical Honor Society. Each of these organizations is integral to the Oklahoma CareerTech System.
Student organizations provide opportunities for personal growth and scholastic achievement, as well as developing skills in public speaking, planning and organizing.
Members work on various community projects, competitive events, leadership activities, and meet other students who share similar interests. Many students enjoy membership in more than one group.
Where do you see yourself?
BPA - Business Professionals of America
, affiliated with Business, Marketing and Information Technology Education, during 2016-2017 . . .
- 4,964 BPA members
- 301 Local BPA chapters in high schools and technology center
- 381 BPA members inducted into National Technical Honor Society
DECA - Marketing Student Organization
- 2,132 DECA members
- 35 Local DECA chapters in high schools and technology centers
- 38 DECA members inducted into National Technical Honor Society
FCCLA - Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
, affiliated with Family and Consumer Sciences Education, during 2014-2015. . .
- 11,365 FCCLA members
- 406 Local FCCLA chapters in junior, senior high schools and technology centers
- 171 FCCLA members inducted into National Technical Honor Society
FFA - Agriculture Student Organization
- 27,164 FFA members
- 355 Local FFA Chapters in junior and senior high schools
- 38 FFA members inducted into National Technical Honor Society
HOSA - Health Student Organization
, affiliated with Health Careers Education, during 2014-2015 .. .
- 6,679 HOSA members
- 266 Local HOSA chapters in high schools and technology centers
- 828 HOSA members inducted into National Technical Honor Society
, affiliated with Trade and Industrial Education, during 2014-2015 . . .
- 11,987 SkillsUSA members
- 136 Local SkillsUSA chapters in high schools and technology centers
- 996 SkillsUSA members inducted into National Technical Honor Society
TSA - Technology Student Association
, affiliated with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, during 2014-2015. . .
- 20,818 TSA members
- 196 Local TSA chapters in middle and junior high school
NTHS - The National Technical Honor Society
- 2,756 NTHS members are members of Oklahoma CareerTech Student Organizations
- 90 Local NTHS chapters in technology centers, high schools, and private schools
To find out more about certain courses or programs in your area contact the nearest
During 2014-2015 . . .
- Nearly half of Oklahoma 9th -12th grade students - 82,561 - were enrolled in CareerTech classes.
- Some 85,484 middle school through adult students were members of at least one Oklahoma CareerTech Student Organization.
- Oklahoma CareerTech graduates added $3.5 billion annually to the states economy.
- Courses were offered in 542 middle, junior and senior high schools and 29 technology centers.